Welcome 'Guest' to the Department of Viticulture & Enology Employment Bulletin Board
New Job Listings provided by the industry will be posted here for our students and alumni to view.
Return to Main List
|Title||Harvest Enologist Intern|
|Employer||Delicato Family Vineyards|
|Employment Location||Black Stallion Estate Winery, Napa CA|
|Company Description|| |
Delicato Family Vineyards is one of the fastest growing wine companies in the world, celebrating 90+ years of California winemaking and grape growing heritage. Family-owned and operated since the company’s founding in 1924, three generations of Indelicato family have fostered the winery’s commitment to innovation, quality and environmental stewardship – cornerstones that have harnessed the family’s long-term focus and solidified the winery as an internationally recognized leader in the industry.
|Employment Start Date||8/15/17|
|Employment End Date||12/30/17|
|Job Description|| Harvest Enologist Internship Position Description|
Delicato Family Vineyards has an exciting career opportunity for a Harvest Enologist Intern in our Napa, CA location.
Delicato Family Vineyards is a family-owned, California winery founded in 1924. Three generations of the Indelicato family have guided grapes from vineyard to bottle and into homes and dining establishments around the world. Delicato Family Vineyards is steadfastly committed to crafting and representing wines of the highest quality produced in accordance with sustainable winegrowing practices. Among the leading and fastest growing wine companies in America, the Delicato Family Vineyards’ portfolio includes Gnarly Head, Black Stallion Estate Winery, Noble Vines, Belle Ambiance, HandCraft Artisan Collection, Brazin, Bota Box, Irony, Domino, and Sequin.
Under General Supervision, the Harvest Enologist will assist the production and winemaking staff with all harvest-related activities. The Harvest Enologist is the primary person responsible for Laboratory operations during harvest; in addition, will provide technical and logistical support by performing duties such as monitoring fermentations, performing lab analyses, and conducting trials.
Lab Duties may include but are not limited to:
• Conducting wine Analysis; vineyard grape sample processing and analysis
• Performing ML inoculations and progress tracking
• Handling data management and distribution
• Reviewing data and trend analysis
• Organizing sampling and Setup for tastings, analysis and winemaking trials
• Monitoring ingredient inventory
• Preparing special ingredient additions
• Performing general quality checks
Cellar duties may include but are not limited to:
• Managing fermenter Brix and Temp tracking and distribution of information
• Preparing yeast inoculations
• Generating and distributing harvest production orders
• Assisting with managing and monitoring fermentation trials
• Assisting full time crew with receiving fruit
• Use of small lot wine processing equipment
• Conducting vineyard site visits to monitor grape development
• Assists with daily fermenter tastings with winemaking staff
*Other duties may be assigned
Education and Experience
• Bachelor’s degree in Viticulture, Enology, Chemistry, Biology, Food Science, or other science related field preferred.
• Previous experience working in wineries for 1 to 2 harvests preferred (cellar or lab).
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• Strong organizational skills
• Strong reading, writing, communication and math skills
• Solid winemaking theory, wine sensory, communication/presentation and organizational skills
• Ability to work under pressure during harvest with many different people and departments
• Experience with Microsoft Office
• Ability to work overtime and weekends
• Team player and able to work with others
• Must be able to work rapidly and accurately, performing multiple tasks simultaneously
• Chemistry experience in the wine industry is a plus
Certificates and Licenses
Most work is performed within the analytical lab in a temperature controlled environment. Occasional exposure to fumes, gases or dust may occur.
• Acts in a manner reflective of the Company culture of High Moral Standards, Innovation and Continuous Evolution, Trust in Team, Continuous Improvement, and Sustainable Relationships
• Communicates, interacts, and works effectively with others; receptive to feedback and coaching; voices concerns in a constructive manner
• Demonstrates commitment to safety first; communicates safety concerns; promotes a safe work environment based on established safety standards and training
• Follows all Company policies and procedures
Management retains the discretion to add to or change the duties of the position at any time.
*Delicato Family Vineyards is an equal opportunity employer.
|Contact Info||Email: Rachel.Bedford@delicato.com|
|Contact Address||4089 Silverado Trail, Napa, CA 94558|
Return to Main List