Welcome 'Guest' to the Department of Viticulture & Enology Employment Bulletin Board
New Job Listings provided by the industry will be posted here for our students and alumni to view.
Return to Main List
|Title||2017 Vineyard & Winemaking Intern|
|Employer||Hamel Family Wines|
|Employment Location||Sonoma Valley, CA|
|Company Description||Hamel Family Wines is a winery located in Sonoma Valley that produces approximately 5,000 cases of wine per year and is devoted to the production of wines from estate biodynamic and organic vineyards that express a true sense of purpose, place and the fun that was had in making them.|
|Pay Scale||$15/hour plus staff meals|
|Employment Start Date||April 2017|
|Employment End Date||November 2017|
|Job Description|| Hamel Family Wines, located in Sonoma Valley, CA is seeking a vineyard and winemaking intern to assist its vineyard and winemaking teams for the 2017 growing season and harvest, which is expected to last from April through November. Successful candidates will share a passion for wine, an interest in learning about organic grape growing and the winemaking process, be prepared to work hard in a team-oriented, exacting work environment, and willing to work long, concentrated hours indoors and outside.|
Vineyard Responsibilities Include:
• Plant Water Status Monitoring;
• Maturity Sampling;
• Yield Estimation;
• Plant Tissue and Soil Sampling;
• Pest and Disease Scouting.
Winery Responsibilities Include:
• Operating sorting, de-stemming, and press equipment during grape processing;
• Fermentation management (stirring barrels for whites; rolling barrels and pump-overs for reds), monitoring, and analysis;
• Performing inoculations and fermentation additions;
• Maintaining winery sanitation.
The intern position will require long, concentrated hours at the winery and in the vineyard including weekends and evenings.
• Strong work ethic and self starter;
• Pleasant, team-oriented attitude;
• Enthusiasm to engage in all winery and vineyard tasks;
• Attention to detail;
• Strong communication skills; competency in Spanish a plus;
• Ability to lift 50 lbs.;
• Previous vineyard cellar experience is preferred, but not a necessity;
• Studies in viticulture or enology or related sciences preferred;
• Valid driver’s license.
|Contact Info||To apply, please send résumé and cover letter to email@example.com.|
|Contact Address||15401 Sonoma Highway|
Return to Main List