Welcome 'Guest' to the Department of Viticulture & Enology Employment Bulletin Board
New Job Listings provided by the industry will be posted here for our students and alumni to view.
Return to Main List
|Employer||Silver Oak and Twomey Cellars|
|Employment Location||Oakville, CA - Napa County|
|Company Description|| ABOUT US|
“We have yet to make our best bottle of wine.” This philosophy of constant improvement at Silver Oak and Twomey applies to everyone and everything we do, from grape to glass, production to sales and marketing. We live and breathe a company culture focused on a healthy work-life balance, positive thinking, collaboration, going above and beyond, education, safety and a sense of curiosity. Working at Silver Oak and Twomey comes with many benefits, but none as great as coming to work and feeling valued as a member of the family. Full time employment offers a competitive benefit and healthcare package; and of course, the wine country lifestyle!
Who are we looking for? Someone who is passionate, self-motivated, trustworthy, customer-focused and ready to work hard for an amazing company!
|Pay Scale||Competitive + benefits, 401k, events and wine!|
|Employment Start Date||1/3/2016|
|Job Description|| OPEN POSITION|
Silver Oak & Twomey Cellars is recruiting for a Lab Manager to manage all needs of the Oakville lab while providing analytical information to the production team and maintaining all compliance related information related to Production. This role will report to our Associate Winemaker/QC and is based in Oakville, CA.
This position is regular full-time, benefit eligible and is an hourly, non-exempt position.
• Order laboratory supplies.
• Interface with Associate WM on crush record keeping.
• Perform vineyard berry maturity sample analysis and juice analysis.
• Perform enzymatic analysis of residual sugar, malic acid, ammonia, and FAN.
• Microbiological checks of cellar sanitation.
• Perform complete analysis of all lots and any analytical request by Associate Winemaker or Cellar Master.
• Assist in maintaining Excel spreadsheets.
• Complete analysis on each tank to be bottled.
• Quality control on all incoming packaging supplies: foils, glass, corks and cartons.
• Daily quality assurance to include: dissolved oxygen levels in tanks and bottles, free sulfur levels in each tank, cork moisture content, fill height accuracy, vacuum present in headspace, microbiological integrity of filters and filler bowl sanitation, verification of Linx bottle code information, overall quality of product as it is packed in cases, government compliance for final case good product.
• Maintain bottling compliance records and inventories in coordination with Cellar Master.
• Responsible for maintaining bottled and shipped inventory.
• Winemaker’s Database (WMBD) analysis input for Napa Valley.
• AgCode data entry during harvest.
• Assist in preparation of the 702.
• All wine analysis for Napa Valley facility. This may include but is not limited to: ethanol via Alcolyzer, automated enzymatics (ML, RS, AA, nutrients, color, phenolics etc.) via Chemwell, PCR analysis, automated titrations (TA, pH, sulfur) via Metrohm, sanitation monitoring, and managing contract lab analysis as needed.
• Participation in meetings with Lab personnel from TW and AV facilities to develop/improve protocols, enhance QC programs, explore experimental ideas, and streamline all Lab needs.
• Commitment to excellence and high standards.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills.
• Strong organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills
• Ability to manage priorities, workflow, and meet deadlines.
• Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm.
• Acute attention to detail.
• Ability to work independently and as a member of various teams and committees.
• Proficient on:
• Winemaker Database
• Microsoft Office, including Excel, MSWord
• Demonstrated ability to calculate figures and amounts.
• Working knowledge of laboratory instrumentation and troubleshooting, and wine laboratory analysis.
• Ability to understand any and all safety requirements and cautions.
• Ability to perform the physical labor necessary.
• Knowledge of wines and wine production.
• Ability to read, analyze, and interpret technical procedures.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to do the following:
• Walk, kneel, bend, and stand.
• Stand for extended periods of time.
• Lift and/or move up to 60 pounds.
• Climb stairs.
• Work is mainly performed both in a normal lab environment and in and out of doors.
• Noise levels are usually moderate but may be moderate to high at times.
• A percentage of work time may be spent in a wine warehouse and cellar where temperatures are cool and noise level is usually moderate.
• Floors may be wet and slippery, proper footwear is required.
• Work may include handling caustic/corrosive chemicals.
The above reflects management’s definition of essential functions for this job but does not restrict the tasks that may be assigned. Management may assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons.
|Contact Info||Please submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Contact Address||120 Foss Creek Circle|
Return to Main List